The Lauralton Fund
Why Support Lauralton Hall?
Why should you support Lauralton Hall?
Annual giving directly impacts the student experience at Lauralton, with gifts from our community supporting financial aid, technological advancements, faculty professional development, and a variety of other enhancements.
- Your gift ensures that our students are using upgraded technology to become active participants in our global society.
- Your gift means our student-athletes will continue to among the most competitive athletes in Connecticut.Your gift provides our outstanding faculty with professional development opportunities, enriching the educational excellence provided to our students.
- Your gift provides financial aid opportunities to all deserving young women who want to join in the traditions and excellence a Lauralton education provides.
Please join us in making a difference for the students at Lauralton by making your gift today.
What is the Lauralton Annual Fund?
Annual gifts made to the Lauralton Fund provide support for Lauralton’s current-year operating expenses. It is the largest, all-inclusive, year-long fund raising campaign that generates unrestricted contributions to maximize the resources at hand to enhance all areas of the school, above and beyond what tuition dollars support. Continued enhancements to technology, increased faculty professional development and financial aid opportunities are all made possible through a vibrant and robust Annual Fund.
How Much Did We Raise in the 2016-17 Academic Year?
Last year we raised a record $413,466!
What Is Our Goal This Year (2017-18 Academic Year)?
Our goal is to raise $500,000 this year and increase our parent participation, comparable to our independent school peers. We encourage all parents to support the Lauralton Fund with a gift of any size. The collective support is key to our success!
Do I Need to Donate Now, or Can I Donate at a Later Date?
The 2017-18 Annual Fund begins on July 1, 2017 and ends on June 30th 2018. You may make a pledge at any time during this period and make payment by the June 30th deadline. All pledges count for participation credit at the time the pledge is made!
What Is the Easiest Way to Support the Lauralton Fund?
We welcome gifts made by cash, check, credit card, or securities. Appreciated securities can also be an advantageous way to make a gift and to avoid capital gains tax. You may also make an online donation via our website.
What is the President’s Circle?
All donations at the $1,000 level and above will be recognized as leadership gifts and are included in the President’s Circle. Thanks to the continued generosity of our parents, the leadership circle at Lauralton continues to grow.
What is the Annual Report of Donors?
The Annual Report, printed in the fall of every year, reflects all the donations made to Lauralton Hall the previous year. This document includes various reports, listing donors by constituency code and giving level. In addition, all “honor” and “in memorial” gifts are recognized and listed separately.
- Did you know you can recognize and celebrate the work of Lauralton Hall teachers by making a gift to the Lauralton Fund in their honor?
- You can make a gift in honor of one or more favorite teachers! All teachers being recognized this way, will be notified that a parent or alumna made a gift in their honor (no amount disclosed) and be included in a separate “honor report” in the Annual Report of Donors.
Are My Gifts Tax-Deductible?
All gifts to the Lauralton Fund are tax-deductible, subject to any tax deduction limitations within the appropriate tax jurisdictions.