You're Invited to
Sunday, April 7, 2019
1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
200 High Street, Milford, CT
Girls in 5th, 6th and 7th grades: At Discover Lauralton, you'll meet our students and teachers while participating in a variety of fun activities (see below -- you choose!). You'll also get to check out our campus including the LH Innovation Lab, Athletic Center, Chapel, and Dining Hall.
Parents: While your daughters are attending activities, you'll have the opportunity to meet Lauralton faculty, administrators, and college counselors; attend a session on the admissions and financial aid process; and participate in Q&A sessions with current parents and students.
Register here! On the registration form, students will be asked to select six activities from this list in order of preference:
- Design Squad -- Learn how to make the world a better place by designing more efficient solutions to real problems. You'll brainstorm ways to solve a problem using simple everyday materials. Experience firsthand how engineers design, test, and analyze the operation of their models—and learn a little science along the way.
- Are You Ready to Fight for a Cause? -- Learn about the process for a bill to become law in Connecticut. You're invited to observe – and join in – a mini debate with members of Lauralton's Youth and Government Club. You'll learn proper techniques used for debating current issues in our state legislature.
- Pop-Up Fiction -- You will have to think on your feet, work with partners, and get creative with the Elements of Fiction in this fast-paced activity to create a story and characters from hilarious props, costumes, and words. Please join our English department as we turn an ordinary classroom into a stage where your imagination rules!
- Sing Praises -- Do you like to sing? Come learn a new song or two and experience the Music Ministry of Lauralton Hall. Express yourself and lift your heart up to God at the same time!
- Languages Are in Bloom at Lauralton -- Use your brain and hands to "grow" in our Language Garden! Make a paper flower pencil topper, test your knowledge in our Guess the Language challenge, try your hand at some jigsaw puzzles, and challenge your friends in our Cultural Kahoot. These activities feature French, Latin, and Spanish. Videte ergo vos - À plus tard - Hasta pronto!
- Artistic Expression -- Create your own decorative and dazzling charm necklace. This session is a creative way to express yourself while designing a lovely piece to take home as a reminder of your day at Lauralton!
- Lauralton Hall by the Numbers -- Come play our fun game of math "jeopardy." (No calculator will help you with these questions!)
- A Taste of Lauralton Athletics -- If you love sports, come try our fun obstacle course featuring all 15 sports available at Lauralton. This session is a great way to check out LH athletics, meet some of our current athletes, and have fun! (Please wear sneakers.)
Discover Lauralton Schedule
|12:30 - 1:00 p.m.||Sign in, get activity schedule|
|1:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Prayer and welcome|
|1:35 - 1:55 p.m.||Activity 1|
|2:00 - 2:20 p.m.||Activity 2|
|2:25 - 2:45 p.m.||Activity 3|
|2:50 - 3:10 p.m.||Activity 4|
|3:15 - 3:30 p.m.||Refreshments|
|3:30 p.m.||Dismissal from Dining Hall|