UConn Early College Experience
UConn Early College Experience (ECE), the nation's longest running concurrent enrollment program, provides academically motivated students the opportunity to take UConn courses for both high school and college credit.
Lauralton Hall offers the following five UConn ECE certified courses: Advanced Biology Honors, Economics Honors, Environmental Science AP, Music Theory Honors and U.S. History AP. These are the same college-level courses offered at UConn. Lauralton faculty members teaching these courses are certified through UConn as adjunct faculty.
Note that that in order to earn credit, students are required to register with UConn the prior spring (or fall during the add/drop period).
- Students who are enrolled in UConn ECE courses must complete all requirements as mandated by UConn (including mid-term and final exams).
- UConn's academic resources, including library and online classroom access, are available to all UConn ECE students.
- UConn ECE students must successfully complete the course with a grade of C or above in order to receive University credit.
- The majority of students who take courses through the UConn ECE program have successfully transferred their UConn credits to the colleges/universities of their choice. Click here to refer to the UConn Early College Experience Credit Transfer Database.
- UConn ECE courses fees are $125 for a 3 credit course and $160 for a four credit course. UConn ECE bills are sent directly to the student via email. Bills are sent after the students' course enrollment is complete.
More information on this program is available on the UConn ECE website.
For any questions about this program at LH, please email Dean of Academics Jan Powers '75.