Hello, members of the Class of 2023! Would you like to:
- Get a head start on lab techniques you'll use for freshmen physics class?
- Brush up on your organizational and study skills?
- Do some high-intensity interval training to get ready for fall sports?
- Have fun and make new friends?
Sign up for the summer program at Lauralton! Two of our weeklong summer courses are designed just for our incoming freshmen and taught by Lauralton Hall faculty:
1. Physics FUNdamentals ($300)
July 8 - 12, July 15 - 19, or August 5 - 9, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m
This interactive course serves as an introduction to the math and lab skills needed for freshmen study of physics. Students will get hands-on experience in proper lab writing and technique, including use of the required TI-84 calculator and Google Sheets software used for graphical representation of data. This course is a fun learning experience that encourages trial and error, peer mentorship and collaboration.
2. Summer Study Skills ($250)
August 5 - 9, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Learn how to make the most of your time! This session will help you get ready to participate in class and be better prepared for classes, quizzes, and tests. You'll get tips for ways to organize your backpack, notebooks, and study space. And, you'll practice the vocabulary you’ll need to succeed on standardized tests. Sign up for this session to become a more efficient, successful student!
Sessions fill quickly, so click here to register! When you create an account, be sure to select "Ninth Grade." You'll find Physics FUNdamentals and Summer Study Skills under Lauralton Hall Programs For Current Students. Once you are enrolled, please download required forms, complete, and submit.
- Cross Country ($150)
- Intro to Field Hockey ($200)
- Intro to Volleyball ($200)
- Speed Conditioning & Fitness ($150)
- Summer Conditioning and Fitness ($150)
If you have questions or need more information, please email Mrs. Christine Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you this summer!