Incoming Freshmen Summer Programs
Hello, members of the Class of 2022! Would you like to:
- Get a head start on lab techniques you'll use for freshmen physics class?
- Brush up on your sentence structure or organizational skills?
- Do some high-intensity interval training to get ready for fall sports?
- Have fun and make new friends?
Sign up for the summer program at Lauralton! Two of our weeklong summer courses are designed just for our incoming freshmen and taught by Lauralton Hall faculty:
1. Physics FUNdamentals ($300)
July 16 – 20, July 30 – August 3, or August 6 - 10, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m
This interactive course serves as an introduction to the math and lab skills needed for freshmen study of physics. Students will get hands-on experience in proper lab writing and technique, including use of the required TI-84 calculator and Google Sheets software used for graphical representation of data. This course is a fun learning experience that encourages trial and error, peer mentorship and collaboration.
2. Grammar Zone ($300)
July 23 – 27, noon – 2:00 p.m.
This "grammar boot camp” reviews the basic rules of grammar, syntax and mechanics in a fast-paced, fun and innovative format. The course also covers proper sentence structure; grammar follies (including the infamous sentence fragments, run-on sentences and split infinitives); and an introduction to proper MLA style used as the Lauralton Hall academic standard.
Sessions fill quickly, so click here to register! When you create an account, be sure to select "Ninth Grade." You'll find Physics FUNdamentals and Grammar Zone under Lauralton Hall Programs For Current Students. You also might be interested in the courses below (which are open to all high school students). Once you are enrolled, please download required forms, complete, and submit.
- Cross Country ($175)
- Summer Conditioning and Fitness ($160 - $175)
- Intro to Field Hockey ($175)
- Speed Conditioning Training ($175)
- Intro to Volleyball ($200)
- High School Study Skills ($250)
If you have questions or need more information, please email Mrs. Christine Miller at email@example.com. We hope to see you this summer!