Prospective students and their families are invited to Lauralton Hall's annual Open House, Sunday, October 6, 2019, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m., 200 High Street, Milford.
Open House activities include student-guided tours of Lauralton's historic, 25-acre campus -- the first Catholic independent school founded in the Mercy tradition for girls in Connecticut. Among the tour highlights: During visits to Lauralton classrooms, attendees will see learning in action. For example, current students will be working on a college-level computer coding project, using hands-on tools for geometry, playing team games to study history, performing a play in multiple languages, solving an aviation engineering challenge as part of a year-long project, and more.
Attendees also will have the opportunity to:
- Talk with current students about life at Lauralton from academics to athletics to the arts
- Meet Head of School Elizabeth Miller, leadership and academic teams, faculty, counselors, alumnae, and parents
- Learn about Lauralton's FYE (First Year Experience) Program designed to help freshmen successfully transition to high school
- Hear Lauralton's music ministry and instrumental ensembles, watch a rehearsal for our fall musical, and view student artwork
- Tour our athletic facilities, science labs, library, and the new Math Center at Lauralton
- Learn about Lauralton's 50+ student organizations and clubs
In addition, eighth grade girls are invited to register HERE for our entrance exam, which takes place on Saturday, October 19, 2019, 8:00 a.m. Note that registration for the entrance exam is within the online application.
For any questions, please email Director of Enrollment Kathleen Shine or call 203.877.2786 ext. 125.