FALL CAPTAINS MEETING - THURSDAY, SEPT. 4 at 9:35 a.m. in Giovanelli Foyer of the Athletic Center
****NOTE - STUDENT ATHLETES MUST ATTEND ALL TRYOUTS
Monday, August 25th
- Cross-Country – 3:00-5:00p.m.
- Field Hockey – 2:00-6:00p.m.
- Soccer – 7:00 – 8:30a.m. And 6:30p.m. – 8:30p.m. at West Haven High School
- Swimming – 10:00a.m. – 12:00 noon at Foran High School Pool
- Volleyball – 3:00 – 5:30p.m.
Tuesday, August 26th - TBA
MANDATORY STUDENT ATHLETE/PARENT/COACHES MEETING - FOR ALL FALL SPORTS
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2014, 7:00PM, ATHLETIC CENTER
Parents and Student Athletes for all Fall sports - Cheerleading, Cross-Country, Field Hockey, Soccer, Swimming and Volleyball Must Attend
- Meet the new Athletic Director
- Review of the new Parent/Student Athlete Handbook
- Introduction of "Concussion Management and Return to Play Policy"
- Cardiac Arrest Prevention
- Individual Sports Coaches Meeting
2014 Fall Sports Try-Out Information
Tryouts for all Fall Sports will be held on Saturday, August 23rd, 2014
**Please bring signed Parent/Student Athlete Handbook Agreement Form**
- Cross Country – 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ( Bring lunch)
- Field Hockey – backfield (NOTE NEW TIME) 7:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Bring mouth guard, eye guard, shin guards, cleats, sneakers, field hockey stick.
- Soccer - 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – tryouts on front soccer field. Bring a ball.
- Swimming - 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Meeting (athletes and parents) in Health Room in Athletic Center.
- Volleyball - 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Bring lunch: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00p.m.) Bring water bottles. Knee pads, sneakers.
2014 Basketball Tournaments
SWC: Congratulations to Crusaders Basketball - SWC 2014 Champions!
CIAC: Congratulations - Class LL CIAC Girls Basketball State Champions!
Athletic Apparel Available for Online Ordering
Lauralton's athletic brand helps build positive school spirit while presenting a consistent and clear image. Online ordering of sports apparel is available during the first two weeks of each sports season directly through ASF Sports and Outdoors. Orders are delivered to Lauralton in bulk and disributed to the students at school. The Lauralton Line school store also stocks selected athletic items, including samples for fitting purposes.
Let’s wear our brand proudly and show our support for Lauralton Hall. Your partnership in this effort is appreciated. Go Crusaders!
CIAC Offers Free Notifications on Sports Schedules and Information
CIAC offers multiple options for those interested in receiving notifications about sports schedules via email, text or tweet. You can choose to be notified about any or all sports. Click here to sign up.
Annual current physical examinations are required of students who participate in varsity or junior varsity sports. A current (within thirteen months of the physical exam) Health Assessment Record Form must be on file at school in order for a student to try out for, practice or play a sport at Lauralton Hall. According to CIAC regulations, if the form expires during the playing season, a new form is required without lapse or the student will not be able to continue participation.
Interscholastic Sports Permission Forms
Student athletes and their parents are required to complete, sign and submit an Interscholastic Sports Permission Form and the Parent/Student Athlete Agreement Form prior to participating in any varsity or junior varsity sport at Lauralton Hall. The form provides a warning statement that participation involves the potential for injury that is inherent in all sports. Parents provide emergency medical information and, by signing the form, acknowledge acceptance of the rules and regulations set in the Parent/Student Athlete Handbook.
Athletics Transportation Waiver Forms
Parents of student-athletes who do not want their daughters to travel on the team bus to and from off-site practices and off-site home games must complete the Athletics Transportation Waiver Form and submit to the Athletic Director.
Jeanne Cooper, C.A.A.